We are ready to take care of you and your family!
At Smith Dental Care we provide quality dental services to adults, teenagers, children, and those with special needs. We understand that having a great smile is an important part of who you are; so whether you need a routine check-up or have a more serious concern, consider us your lifetime partner for all your oral health needs.
Meet the Team
Dr. Josh Smith, DMD
Dr. Smith grew up in Sandy, and as a boy scout, he earned his Dentistry merit badge thanks to an influential leader. That’s when he knew he wanted to be a dentist.
He earned a degree from the University of Utah in Medical Biology, then attended the University of Louisville for dental school, graduating in 2009. Dr. Smith sees dentistry as both a profession and a hobby. He especially loves transforming patients’ smiles when they need the resulting confidence.
Dr. Smith and his wife are foster parents and have four children of their own. His family loves vacationing, skiing, playing with their dog, and watching soccer games and dance recitals.
Mishae, Lead Assistant
Jenny, Scheduling and Treatment Coordinator
Brooke, Office Manager
Brittany, Scheduling and Treatment Coordinator
Brandie, Hygiene Assistant
- Friendly and Energetic Atmosphere
- General & Specialty Services Under One Roof
- Sedation Dentistry
- Digital X-rays
- State of the Art Labs Used for Restorations
- Emphasis on Customer Service
- Multiple Financing Options
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
Our restorative treatments include fillings, crowns, bridges, implants, root canals, dentures, and more. We aim for conservative treatment and give you options whenever possible.
Dental implants are a permanent solution to replace missing or extracted teeth. They function like a natural tooth and have high retention rates. Also, more insurances are beginning to offer implant coverage.
Clear Correct is a great alternative to braces. These clear aligners are custom made using computer technology to give you the smile you’re looking for. Schedule an appointment for an evaluation.
Periodontal treatments are used when a patient has developed gum disease. We will work with you to solve any periodontal issues and preserve your smile. At each cleaning appointment we check for signs of periodontal disease.
What to expect on your first visit
- You will need to fill out New Patient paperwork (please arrive 10-15 minutes early).
- We will want to make a photocopy of your insurance card (please bring it with you).
- You will receive a set of oral x-rays in order to fully evaluate your needs.
- You will meet with a hygienist who will assess your oral health and determine what type of cleaning you will need. If a basic cleaning is all that’s required, that will be completed following the initial evaluation.
- You will meet Dr. Smith, who will review your x-rays, do a clinical exam, and make any recommendations for treatment. We will answer questions about any needed treatment and discuss your options going forward.
Insurances that we accept
- Assurant (DHA only)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Cigna PPO
- Careington International
- Connection Dental
- Delta Dental (Premier and Preferred)
- Dental Now Discount (Dentemax)
- Dentist Direct
- DMBA (Deseret Mutual)
- EMI (premier only)
- Guardian (includes Liberty and Molena)
- Humana Dental – Use TDA fee schedule
- Lincoln Financial
- Principle Life (Ameritas)
- Select Health (classic and prime)
- TDA (PPO)
- United Concordia
- United Healthcare
For interest free financing, check out CareCredit. You can pick a payment plan that fits your needs.
If you have questions regarding your specific financial situation or dental care needs, please give our office a call! (801) 572-2250
SMITH DENTAL CARE
Dr. Josh Smith
1030 E 11400 S #2
Sandy, UT 84094
Phone: (801) 572-2250
- 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM