The finest dental professionals are ready to take care of you and your family!
At Smith Dental Care, we understand that having a great smile is an important part of who you are. Whether you have a need for a routine cleaning and check up, or have a more serious concern such as a root canal or crown, we are your family’s dentist. From toddlers to teenagers, adults to special needs patients, we offer fantastic dental care for people of all ages.
At Smith Dental Care we provide quality dental services to adults, teenagers, children and those with special needs. Our passion comes from helping people smile! Consider us your lifetime partner with all your oral health needs. From toddler’s first check up to regular cleanings, to straightening teeth, and maintaining a healthy mouth throughout adulthood, we are your partner for life. When challenges arise, we offer top rated service to correct problems and alleviate pain.
Meet the Team
Josh Smith, DDS
A Utah native, Josh Smith was raised in Sandy. His life was dramatically impacted at a young age by a great leader who shared his profession to help Dr. Smith, then the young scout, earn his Dentistry merit badge.
After graduating from the University of Utah with his undergraduate degree in Medical Biology, he attended the University of Louisville for Dental School. He says, “Dentistry for me is more of a hobby than a profession. I enjoy Root Canals, I enjoy transforming a smile either through Crowns, Veneers, or Invisalign, and giving confidence to someone.”
He reports that his favorite day practicing dentistry happened recently when a patient came in. She never smiled without her hands over her mouth. The day Dr. Smith cemented in her new crowns she began to cry and said, “Now I can try and get a job!”
Dr. Smith is married and loves spending time with his four children. They love bowling, going to the movies, watching soccer games, dance recitals, and school performances.
Jenny, Front Office
Brooke, Front Office
Brittany, Front Office
Why Choose Us?
- High Tech – Digital X-Rays, Oral Cancer Detection and more
- Multiple Financing Options
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- State of the Art Labs Utilized for Restorative Treatment
- Friendly and Energetic Atmosphere
- Sedation Dentistry
- Same Day Crowns By Request
- General & Specialty Services Under One Roof
Come and enjoy the customer service offered at Smith Dental Care, where we create friendly interactions and quality oral health care from the moment you walk into the door. With a fresh baked cookie and a cold drink of water when you walk in the door, to thorough exams and treatments, every detail at our office is catered to providing you with a fantastic experience.
What to expect on your first visit
If this is your first visit, we’ll show you around the office. With a short tour, you’ll see our private exam rooms, overhead entertainment in our procedure rooms and lots of details, from freshly baked cookies daily to a goodie bag of dental treats on your way out.
- You will receive oral X-rays.
- Our hygienist will provide a thorough teeth cleaning, including a cancer screening, flossing and brushing of your teeth.
- After an initial visit, you’ll meet Dr. Smith and he will find out more about your lifestyle including; physical history, sleeping habits, stress levels all in conjunction with your oral health. He will perform a full oral exam with a TMJ evaluation, a dental work evaluation, and a periodontal exam.
- With a full explanation of the health of your mouth, you will be informed about any recommended treatments, if needed and given options that you can choose from for your total dental care.
- If a secondary appointment is needed, you can visit our receptionist up front.
- In addition, we offer special financing options. We want to make quality oral care affordable for you!
Insurances that we accept
- Assurant (DHA only)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Cigna PPO
- Careington International
- Connection Dental
- Delta Dental (Premier and Preferred)
- Dental Now Discount (Dentemax)
- Dentist Direct
- DMBA (Deseret Mutual)
- EMI (All 3 plans)
- Guardian (includes Liberty and Molena)
- Humana Dental – Use TDA fee schedule
- Lincoln Financial
- Principle Life (Ameritas)
- Select Health (classic and prime)
- TDA (PPO)
- United Concordia
- United Healthcare
For Interest free financing, check out CareCredit. You can pick a payment plan that is right for you!
If you have questions regarding your specific financial situation or dental care needs, please give our office a call! (801) 572-2250
SMITH DENTAL CARE
Dr. Josh Smith
1030 E 11400 S #2
Sandy, UT 84094
Phone: (801) 572-2250
- 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM